Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crocus are up

I noticed these little guys up and reaching for the spring. I'll grab more shots when the darker purple rise up. As a side note, this is another shot from my fisheye lens at 10mm. (I love this lens!) The camera was flat on the ground and about 2 inches from the flowers. I did not expect to get this sort of close-up capability from this lens. Cool perspective too!



Visit Mellow Yellow Monday for more yellow!

Visit Today's Flowers for more blooms!

Visit Macro Monday for more close up photos!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

they're beautiful...must be a pleasant surprise to see these blooms.

Mellow Yellow Monday

Chubskulit Rose said...

Just beautiful!

Kim, USA said...

I am very impress of what came out. I take note of the lens already. Love it!!

Mellow Yellow Monday

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I am surprised that you are already seeing signs of spring. We had a cool December, so summer is only in full swing now and I hope it stays a bit longer.

Unknown said...

Yup, Spring is certainly on it's way. Robins never left this year, Geese and Eagles are still on the move, the snow has been falling and melting fast cause warm rains are coming more and more.

I need one of those fisheye (crocus) lenses and maybe a lensbaby would be nice too.

Lesley said...

Spring flowers!! How exciting (er still have a long wait for ours)

Jan n Jer said...

How nice to see signs of spring already...we are still about 7 or 8 weeks away. That is a great shot..love the effect.

moonstar said...

i have not seen anything like this before.

Here's mine:

http://www.prosperitymelandria.com/2011/02/yellow-and-blue-monday-to-everyone/

thanks.

Karen said...

Love the perspective. A terrific view of spring about to happen.

Tammie Lee said...

beautiful, spring visits you earlier than me~

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see this lovely sign of spring!

Anonymous said...

just followed your blog, pls visit and follow mine 2! tnx!

MarieElizabeth said...

I am so jealous of those beautiful buds. Enjoy them! Neat use of the fisheye, I'll have to look into that.