Friday, September 2, 2011

Seal Rock, Oregon in HDR

Here is one version of Seal Rock in HDR from my recent stay at the coast. I'm not sure that I love it but I do like it for the interesting colors. I do remember that it was an incredible sunset, very atypical for the Oregon coast, and there were many photographers there this evening with cameras on tripods. It was a little odd though, being the only Pentax user in a sea of Nikon.



Visit Scenic Sunday for more scenic photography!

Visit Weekend Reflections for more reflective photography!

13 comments:

Clytie said...

Oh Perry. This shot brought tears to my eyes. It's been a long time since I've been to the coast, and even longer since I've seen a sunset like this over the ocean. It's beautiful, and I thank you for this moment!

KT said...

You are correct - it is an interesting mix of colors. We did love our visit to the Oregon coast!

Sylvia K said...

Sunsets on both Oregon and Washington's coasts are extraordinary and you've certainly captured this one, Perry! Gorgeous! Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

Sylvia

Sivinden said...

Beautiful scenery photo - and so well edited!

Caroline Lind said...

I like the composition of the photo! Beautiful colors and scenic!

Dianne said...

you don't need a Nikon to take a masterpiece
you just proved that :)

Martha Z said...

This is a great HDR image, the process brings out the colors nicely.

Dianne said...

A wonderful capture with the most beautiful colours! Delightful!

Rachel said...

You're making me long for the Oregon coast. How beautiful! It looks so surreal, almost like a painting. Very nicely captured and edited.

Tina´s PicStory said...

What a marvelous picture! Wow! :)

eileeninmd said...

Wow, what a beautiful scene. A gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

'Tsuki said...

Gorgeous sunset indeed... The light reflection in the water is amazing.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I really need to get some HDR software. I want to be able to do this with my pics as well