Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mt. Hood

Looking east from near the Portland airport, overlooking the Columbia River. Its an attempt at HDR too. The whole scene was cool, sun going down, fast changing light, cars on the right and river on the left. I didn't care for the house in the image but I had to work with it and I now think it is okay. It is hard to find a place on the south bank of the Columbia where the river bends north and has a view of Hood.




Visit Watery Wednesday for more wet photos!

Visit Midweek Blues for more of the blues!

Visit Wordless Wednesday for more wordless photos!

4 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Is that snow on the mountain. Love the late light falling on it. Great shot.

Beth F said...

Awesome lighting. I can understand your initial reaction to the house, but I think it works. Nicely done.

Jim said...

I love the little house, Perry. It adds a human touch to nature's majesty.

The house reminds me of our Texas Intercoastal Canal that runs from Florida to Mexico. On it are a lot of working barges like this one. They are a combo house boat-barge, the house being for the crew and owners.

Happy MidWeek Blues! :)
..
BTW, my sister and I dreamed of retiring as tug boat owner operators living with our spouses on that tug boat. This means we really wouldn't retire until doctors' orders.
..

Suburban Girl said...

I like the house in the image. It adds to the interest of the photograph. And it is placed perfectly.

My apologies for being so late visiting!