Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bees in Flight

I saw these flowers yesterday but it was pretty poor lighting out, nearly rain. Today there was sun and a flock of bees! 473 shots later I got a few keepers! :-) The first image is taken with my 90mm macro lens, the second with my fisheye. Surprisingly unique perspective I could get and much faster to focus. Of course, I had to have the lens about a half inch from the bee..... Made a few of them nervous and some simply didn't care. Great fun!

Click on an image for a larger view, right or left side for next or previous. Thanks for looking!




Visit Midweek Blues for more of the blues!

Visit Wordless Wednesday for more wordless photos!

7 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The first picture is fantastic. Great timing

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, the first photo is amazing and worth all those shots! It is a winner.

Beth F said...

That first shot is truly amazing. Wow. Fantastic capture.

Jen said...

That first one really is nice -- the colors and textures are perfect!

Margaret Almon said...

Talk about an action shot! The golden yellow of the bee looks so cool with the purple flowers.

gtyyup said...

Hello from SE Oregon!

Love that first shot...can't get much better with that action~

Crimson Kisses said...

The first one is excellent but I have to say that the second is my favorite. It looks like a movie scene, another world made of flowers :]