Monday, December 1, 2008

I'll never forget

I had been waiting nearly a week for this mushroom to pop out of the ground. Here is is! I made this capture of it and wanted to go back at night with lights to set a mood. About an hour after this was taken it was destroyed by a couple of kids. :-( I had never seen this type of mushroom before so was heart broke, but found more later and I'll post soon. They are a beautiful flower on their own.



On a side note, these are not only pretty but toxic and use as an hallucinogen. They used to feed them to Reindeer to make them "fly" (jump really high).

2 comments:

Ann said...

Thats a real fairytale mushroom, the sort you see in childrens books, a really excellent capture and what a shame it got pulverised by kids after you waited so patiently for it to appear.

Firefly said...

I have to agree with Ann. I am picturing a fairy sitting on top of it. What luck being able to get it before the kids came around.