Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Price of Freedom

"The Price of Freedom" is the name of this entry (first image) in today's Veteran's Day Parade in Albany, Oregon. I was very moved by this statement. Many are giving their lives so we may have ours. We must let these people know how much we appreciate them and that they are in our thoughts every day. We may not agree with what is going on today war wise, but people are dieing for us now as they have done so for generations. I was in the navy for eight years during peace time so have no clue what they are going through. I thank them daily.

This photo essay may be a little long but it is my reflection of what this means to me and I want to share. There are people representing most wars pictured below in the uniform of the day. It is our heritage and the price we pay...........


3 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I'm not in a position to comment on America and the wars the country is involved in, but what I can say is that it is fantastic that the country pays tribute to its soldiers in such a way. It is always great to see the respect the people of the USA gives its soldiers and veterans.

Jack Simpson said...

well done Perry ... nicely captured

Unknown said...

Nice Job! My photos did not turn out as well. check them out anyway!
kc daily photo